I write frequently on topics of effective use of technology by organizations. Here’s a collection of links and reprints to material that would otherwise be scattered around the web.
Enterprise Systems Journal
I wrote a column for the Enterprise Systems Journal in 2005 and 2006. In the way of the web, these pieces now come up as 404. I’ve collected and republished them here.
- Bridging the IT Cultural Divide, Part 1
- Bridging the IT Cultural Divide, Part 2
- Improving Systems: Forget Architecture — Look at the Buildings
- The Tyranny of On-Time and On-Budget
- A Swiss Army Knife for Project Management
- The Invisibility of Knowledge Work
- A Strategy for Improving Knowledge Work
- Crafting Uniqueness in Knowledge Work
- Why You Need a Personal Knowledge-Management Strategy
- Design as a Signature Skill for the Knowledge Economy
- Building Your Knowledge Workshop
- Four Keys to More Effective On-The-Job Learning
- Careers: Four Areas for Building Skills to a "T"
- Legacy Systems: Why History Matters
- Trust, Verify, and Triangulate
- The Fundamental Secret to Improving Knowledge Work
- Get Better at Reinventing the Wheel
- Tool-and-Die Makers in a Knowledge Economy
- IT Learning at the Boundaries of Your Ignorance